First, a little background, a little history of where we came from and who we are. Obviously to some, this first paragraph is from the Declaration of Independence with some slight changes.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.— That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.— Such has been the patient sufferance of these Citizens of Idaho; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government. The history of the present Governor of Idaho is a history of repeated injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute Tyranny over Idahoans. To prove this, let Facts be submitted using the US and Idaho Constitutions (deferring first to Idaho, many rights mirroring rights found in the US Constitution).
Idaho Constitution and the charges:
ARTICLE I DECLARATION OF RIGHTS Section 1. Inalienable rights of man. All men are by nature free and equal, and have certain inalienable rights, among which are enjoying and defending life and liberty; acquiring, possessing and protecting property; pursuing happiness and securing safety.
- He has ordered us to stay at home, taking our liberty to go where we please.
- He has shut down our businesses, taking our ability to acquire and possess property, to pursue happiness.
- He has alienated us from other inalienable rights seen below.
Section 2. Political power inherent in the people. All political power is inherent in the people. Government is instituted for their equal protection and benefit, and they have the right to alter, reform or abolish the same whenever they may deem it necessary; and no special privileges or immunities shall ever be granted that may not be altered, revoked, or repealed by the legislature.
- He has violated the equal protection clause guaranteed herein by declaring special privileges or immunities to some individuals and some businesses the he deems essential while cutting off those he deems non-essential.
- He has usurped the inherent powers of the people and exceeded any authority that was or could be granted by them.
Section 3. Guaranty of Religious Liberty. The exercise and enjoyment of religious faith and worship shall forever be guaranteed; and no person shall be denied any civil or political right, privilege, or capacity on account of his religious opinions… nor shall any preference be given by law to any religious denomination or mode of worship.
- He has forbidden religious people to worship as they see fit.
- He has prohibited their mode of worship, to meet or gather in their churches as guaranteed by the constitution.
Section 6. Right to bail — Cruel and unusual punishments prohibited.
- He has inflicted cruel and unusual punishments on every single citizen not guilty of any crime.
- He has declared all Idahoans guilty by simply existing, rather than punishing through the proper channels of proving guilt but confined all without cause and without proof, through a quarantine, which usual quarantine is to separate the unhealthy from the healthy, not the healthy from the healthy.
Section 7. Right to trial by jury. The right of trial by jury shall remain inviolate. A trial by jury may be waived in all criminal cases, by the consent of all parties, expressed in open court, and in civil actions by the consent of the parties.
- He has accused all Idahoans of endangering or attempting to endanger their fellow citizens without individual witnesses and without evidence and declared them guilty by their very existence.
- He has violated the right to a trial by jury but presumed all Idahoans guilty.
- He has denied the right to Idahoans to waive their right to a trial by jury without their consent.
Section 10. Right of assembly. The people shall have the right to assemble in a peaceable manner, to consult for their common good; to instruct their representatives, and to petition the legislature for the redress of grievances.
- He has denied the people’s right to assemble in their normal peaceable manners even among their own families who live in separate households.
- He has violated their right to assemble in their places of worship, in their places of entertainment, their places of food consumption, their places of exercise and numerous other ways of peaceably assembling.
Section 13. Guaranties in criminal actions and due process of law. No person shall… be deprived of life, liberty or property without due process of law.
- He has deprived people of property by forbidding the use of their property, having the same effect as taking or depriving property without any due process.
- He has deprived people of their liberty, many of those liberties in aforementioned violations, and even deprived liberty to citizens of other states by requiring a 14-day quarantine of out-of-state individuals, in violation of the US Constitution, Article IV, Section 2, which guarantees “The citizens of each State shall be entitled to all Privileges and Immunities of Citizens in the several States.”
In every stage of these Oppressions We have Petitioned for Redress in the most humble terms: Our repeated Petitions have been answered only by repeated injury as evidenced with his continued order of April 15, 2020. A governor whose character is thus marked by every act which may define a Tyrant, is unfit to be the ruler of a free people.
We, therefore, the People of the Idaho, appealing to the Supreme Judge of the world for the rectitude of our intentions, do, in the name, and by authority of the good People of Idaho, solemnly publish and declare, That Idahoans are, and of Right ought to be Free and Independent of his unconstitutional and reprehensible orders, that they are Absolved from all Allegiance to him and his orders.
These violations of the inalienable rights guaranteed in Article I, Section 2 of the Idaho Constitution and those guaranteed by the US constitution, are enough cause for the people, as guaranteed, to declare our intent to alter and abolish his authority as is our right. He must therefore immediately resign his position as governor of Idaho, so that a new governor who will not violate the inalienable rights of Idahoans, who will uphold the US and Idaho Constitutions, may be seated.